Friday, January 20, 2012

Welcome to Stretch that LES

Being in the military, we all know money can be tight. Saving money has a bad stigma attached to it and we often put it off, after all we've got enough on our plates with our day to day lives...who wants to give up on the items we reward ourselves with? What many don't know is that we can save without giving up on a thing...well, not much at least. I have been blessed to figure out some tricks, not the least of which is couponing, with which I can save large amounts of money. Best of all, it can be fun and challenging. I have been asked how I do it and rather than explaining it to each person, I have decided to start this blog to share these ideas with other military and non-military families. I hope to provide you with constant ideas to maximize your savings while not sacrificing too much, after all, if saving money is too difficult we are more likely to throw in the towel.

How did I get started? I have always been the type of person that constantly looks for ways to make and save money. I've tried it all...Mary Kay, eBay...none of it lasted. Having watched some of my family members retire, with just a couple of thousand dollars in their savings account I knew that I did not want to be in that situation. I am blessed to have parents that are very frugal, but still enjoy life. I decided to take some of their ideas and spin them into my own. My mother is a coupon user. What I mean with that is that she uses coupons when she comes across them. I started using them here and there. I had heard about people that get items completely free and decided to research this a bit. Within 3 months I decreased my families monthly bills and grocery budget by nearly $600. It is possible! I hope to help you do the same.

I would like for this blog to be a resource for anyone wanting to save money and welcome any questions and ideas you might have. I might post some of them on the blog and certainly credit you for all contributions. Let's help each other out!

Take care,

sofun

No comments: